Fragrant 4-minute Instant Pot Rice
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 cup thoroughly rinsed basmati or jasmine rice
- 1 cup chicken stock (or any stock).
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 cardamom pods, broken open
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (ideally toasted but not required)
- pinch of salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir.
- Close lid and valve and set to "pressure cook" on high for 4 minutes.
- Once cooked, release pressure valve and let sit for additional 10 minutes. DO NOT take off lid until 10 minute resting period is done. Sip wine, set the table, call your mom while you wait.
- Fluff and serve.
If you don't have stock or broth on hand you can stir one heaping teaspoon of "Better Than Boullion" into warm water as a replacement.
Recipe by Mind in the Butter at https://mindinthebutter.com/recipes/best-ever-4-minute-instant-pot-rice/