Yield 8-9 servings
- 1 (9 ounce) Box barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) Container ricotta. I suggest a high quality whole milk one
- 5 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 Cup parmesan cheese (optional but why wouldn't you add more cheese?)
- 1 lb Ground beef or 1 lb sausage
- 2 (24 ounce) Jars Rao's marinara OR 1 jar Rao's, 1 jar Pomi pureed tomatoes
- 6 Cups fresh spinach
- 6-8 Cloves crushed garlic (don't judge me)
- 3 T Italian seasoning
- Bunch of scallions (about 6), thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese, 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef, add italian seasoning, crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once browned add fresh spinach and wilt, cooking off any excess water.
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread enough sauce to thinly cover bottom of pan.
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned meat and 1 cup of marinara sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 Cups sauce.
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained meat, 1 cup of sauce.
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top (about 5 minutes).
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Mind in the Butter at https://mindinthebutter.com/recipes/shulamits-unreal-lasagna-with-ground-beef-and-spinach/