Sometimes we spend so much time obsessing about the main course, we forget about the appetizer. Last night, Mom was busy baking her homemade lasagna. Starving, I scrounged around and found a quart of gorgeous Bosc pears and 3 (yes, 3) logs of goat cheese, so I made myself useful and put together a simple goat cheese and pear tart. Here’s what I did:
- I rolled out a sheet of puff pastry (thawed) and placed it on a cookie sheet.
- Crumbled a log of goat cheese on the bottom of the pastry dough, then placed thinly sliced pear slices on top.
- I drizzled it with raw honey and popped it in the oven at 400 for 25-30 mins.
- I made the crust extra brown by brushing with an egg wash before placing in oven.
- I let it cool 5 mins before transferring to cutting board, drizzled again with honey and served.